Active /inactive - project notes?

I’m using Obsidian for projects that are flagged active or inactive, and was wondering if there was a feature that wold toggling a project note ‘active’ or ‘inactive’ - green or red type thing maybe?

PS, being relatively new to Obsidian, I hope this isn’t one of those painfully obvious oversight type features - thanks

I don’t have an example because I’m away from the computer, but yes it’s possible to style a note based on something like a tag, using CSS snippets.

Or at least it used to be. If no one answers, I’ll try to follow up tomorrow and see if my old snippet still works.

And the Kanban plugin can display tags in the cards with colors you set.

1 Like

I managed to cobble something together, it’s not pretty, I’m no coder, but it seems to do the trick;

Active

/* Targets the preview mode */
.online-indicator {
display: inline-block;
width: 10px;
height: 10px;
background-color: green;
border-radius: 50%;
margin-right: 5px;
vertical-align: middle;
}

.online-text {
display: inline;
}

/* Targets the editor mode specifically */
.cm-inline .online-indicator {
display: inline-block;
}

.cm-inline .online-text {
display: inline;
}

The one issue I’ve found with this approach however, is that was not able to find a way to have the coloured button and text label on the same line - which is too bad.

Otherwise, it’s good enough, though I kinda wish it was toggle(able), on /off, red/green type thing with an active/inactive label to match.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.