Ability to zoom in on bullets

The above-mentioned outliner plugin is awesome (actually the zooming functionality has now been separated out into a separate plugin).

However, the plugin doesn’t yet work on mobile, so I think this is still a good feature request.

10 Likes

There also the problem: you typically want the different zoom levels/views to be separate states as far as navigating with the back and forward arrows in page history — but they aren’t right now — instead, if you navigate back then forward, you end up un-zoomed. This can be annoying trying to find your way back if your outline is very large or complicated, which would be the primary use case for this feature.

I would also like to note my intense anticipation for this feature.

I also think it would be great to implement a path (?) feature, just for the document (contrast with a full file path) when zoomed. This should be exactly like the following plug-in idea, but just for zoom (or both would probably be better, they shouldn’t ever interfere much): Display vertical context in long scrollable document (RemNote-like auto-folding mode)

Except it should look more like this when zoomed + document path:
▾ # title / ## second heading / root2 / branch3

• leaf2

As opposed to this optional suggestion for when unzoomed:
▾ # title …
… ## second heading …
… - root2 …
…… - branch3 …
… - leaf2
- leaf3
▾ - branch4
- a4a
▾ c

Want to add that the plug-in also doesn’t actually zoom at all if you look to the left of the document, it actually just makes all text invisible above and below the zoomed point. This means when you write you may accidentally unindent from your zoom level and note gave text in order and even if you remember, heavy indentation wastes screen space to the left side. Visual examples:

Default:
▾ # title …
… ## second heading …
… - root2 …
…… - branch3 …
… - leaf2
- leaf3
▾ - branch4

Plug-in:
… - leaf2
[can write text here at unindented level]

Suggested feature behaviour: