Ability to match horizontal and vertical sizing of Canvas nodes

Use case or problem

I love being able to align Canvas nodes, but when trying to resize the bounds of multiple aligned nodes, it only lets you resize one node.

Proposed solution

As a solution, it would be nice to be able to select multiple nodes and let resizing one node apply to the rest.

An alternative solution would be to have four additional buttons within the align toolbar to extend left, extend right, extend top and extend bottom. These would extend all selected node’s sizes in a direction to match the edge of the node that goes furthest in that direction.

Thanks!

2 Likes

A very necessary feature. I have to resize the cards one by one when editing a large canva with many cards. It makes me feel like I’m back in the stone age.

1 Like

@seabirdr In case you are unaware, you can use the Align>Justify Horizontally. You just select multiple nodes and it works with the assumption that you want the nodes aligned. I think this is a limitation, but it is definitely helpful in many cases. It would be nice to be able to resize multiple regardless of their position.

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. I know about the justify function. It doesn’t work well for me because it can only align small images to large ones.

1 Like