Ability to include sub blocks when referencing block ids

Have you searched for an existing request?

Use case or problem

A block is a bullet list that has a few sub list items (i.e., a parent list item).

Proposed solution

When referencing the parent list item, there should be the ability to have the nested/subordinate sub list items to also be included in the reference.

Current workaround (optional)

Related feature requests (optional)

This is possible if you do

1 Like

I have it partially working but for some reason I’m having trouble where it’s referencing more items further up the list than I would like. In your example it’s going all the way back up to “one” checkbox (I’m using bullet points but would assume the logic is the same)

thank you.

Thanks for the solution. I would like to point out that there are two drawbacks to this solution.

1. Having a space in between list introduces unwanted line spacing. (You can see this in your screen shot. Between one and two there is a line spacing)
  2. Current solution prevents me from creating lengthier blocks. For instance, if I want to reference from one till something else, it is not possible in the current setup.
1 Like

The embed is only referencing two and its children, not one!

I personally don’t use this, just giving an example of how that would work.

1 Like

Is there a way to create this type of embed from within the [[^ ]] autocomplete prompt? In a situation where I know the first line (parent) of a bullet list, and want to include all of its children in a transcluded embed?

1 Like

also looking forward to this.

I don’t think @argentum 's solution is a good one, as the label (^7c6de4) actually break the list.