Ability to focus on a part of a Vault

I develop several writing projects in the same vault. It would be nice to have a mode where I can focus on a single project. It would be nice to be able to focus on a subset of the vault by selecting a directory / subdirectory branch.

In focus mode, search would be limited to that directory, as well as hierarchy, graph, etc.

Links that exists outside focus mode are displayed differently and disabled. They will not create a new document, when clicked.

1 Like

I remember that the Make.md plugin has a feature called Spaces, which allows focusing on a specific space within your vault. The documentation is rather poor, but there are great YouTube videos on it :wink:

2 Likes

The doc on their site is actually quite nice. It seems it would actually solve my focus issue. Thanks ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In addition to the one mentioned by woofy31, if you search the community plugins for something like “focus” you can get various other plugins which seems to tackle the same issue:

• obsidian://show-plugin?id=obsidian-folder-focus-mode
  • obsidian://show-plugin?id=treefocus

I’ve not used either, but maybe they’re worth a glance?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.