![[abc.html]] Should Render Html Content like <iframe>

Use case or problem

![[abc.html]] Should Render Html Content like in <iframe>.

Why?

1. While <iframes> works fine, <iframes> has issues with finding html files in Obsidian vaults. See attempts here: Allow to open local file - #55 by Yummy
  2. Because ![[abc.html]] is called an “embedding” and the html content should thus be rendered as is expected of an “embedding”

Proposed solution

Renderer logic:

• Retrieve path of file in ![[abc.html]]. (This is already done in Obsidian and works fine)
  • Insert path of file p in <iframe src=p></iframe>. Insert this at the position where ![[abc.html]] should be rendered.
  • Done.

Current workaround (optional)

None/non-scalable workarounds. See attempts linked above.

20 Likes

Hi,

I also need this to be fixed. Is Obsidian dev team working/considering this? A year has passed and I see no sign about it.

Just to know if I can expect it to be fixed or not.

Tx

2 Likes

Adding my support for this feature.

I am also looking for this.

Obsidian is an offline tool and I want to be able to integrate with local html-files.

2 Likes

I am also looking for this.
I want to be able to make interactive plots using python and plotly. I would save the plots as .html files and then be able to embed them into a note.
I have been searching high and low for a workaround and cannot find anything. It works using absolute file paths, but this is untenable as I often switch between devices (desktop & mobile). Relative links would solve this entirely.

1 Like

This is not impossible, however it is a security risk (the iframed page could contain malicious code)