A Typora-like editing mode (edit and preview at the same time)

I think this theme can be temporary solution.

This is cool.

3 Likes

There are few features that are missing which I really want:

• inline preview of linked notes
  • easy way to see unlinked mentions
1 Like

Hmmm, would be awesome to know when they plan to release this. Or what stage of the development they are

I know its long-shot goal and probably it’s not that easy, but this is probably the most exciting feature :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@pihentagy: I asked you a question about something similar.

Is it possible for the obsidian develop team to add a markdown table editor as a core feature? Just like typora. Not a plug, but a core feature.

8 Likes

What do you mean by a “markdown editor”? WYSIWYM feature?

1 Like

It’s on the roadmap, long term.

Screenshot of Safari (9-30-20, 8-51-34 AM)

Yes, it would be good if there is a way for users to modify the default CSS file. The current text color is too bright in default CSS, my eyes can’t bear it when reading large paragraphs of text.

2 Likes

Thanks for your note. That’ would be a long time.

@hqgu: it’s possible to change the text colour now.

Thank you.
You mean by using a customer CSS or by modifying the default CSS? Is there a way to modify the default CSS file?

@hqgu: you cannot modify the default CSS. What you can do is create a CSS with the features you want. Everything else that is not in your own CSS is controlled by the default CSS.

In other word, a custiomised CSS overrides the default CSS, and what is not in the customised CSS is set by the default CSS. Very neat.

strongest of +1s. dealbreaker and gamechanger

Is there any public information about a timetable other than the Roadmap? I’ve been using Obsidian more lately, and it really is one of the most important features.

+1 for this.
I’m currently using this css snippet to deal with the distracting **'s and ####'s in edit mode, but an actual hybrid edit mode like in Typora is definitely appreciated.

1 Like

the road map https://trello.com/b/Psqfqp7I/obsidian-roadmap

1 Like

@hlll - Not to be rude and belittle your good will, but op specifically asked for

And to @Silvestris - no, I believe there are no such timetable available publicly.

I am also eagerly awaiting WYSIWYG. I also using some of that CSS snippet you use, but I found hiding the header hashes a little less practical, so, in order to have some indicator of the header types I use this code:
H1-H6-in gutter.css (4.0 KB)

1 Like

Bump for this. I use both Obsidian and Typora but my main goto for editing and creating md files are Typora. Unfortunately Typora has way too many bugs and I always have issues with that app. I need to set a cron to make sure it backups the files because I lost some data before.
I wish Obsidian could implement this Typora type editing mode so I can fully use Obsidian. I dislike using two panes for MarkDown, which is one of my biggest pet peeves using MD.

1 Like

Hey would you mind explaining to me how to use that snippet?