A Typora-like editing mode (edit and preview at the same time)

Yeah same, I don’t understand why they decided to only enable bottom-page backlinks on a per-document basis…

2 Likes

Agree. And also, putting the backlinks at the bottom of the document makes much more sense from a UI perspective because it saves so much space. It’s quite counter-intuitive to need to open up the sidebar in order to look at linked references. It’s quite difficult to deal with multiple documents when that happens too.

7 Likes

I think this is one of the most important features that obsidian is missing. I want to preview my notes all the time and is not comfortable reading them in edit mode. Opening two panes at the same time is just a waste of space.

1 Like

A temporary workaround is the have a pseudo-WYSIWYG set-up for Edit mode. Of course it is not the real thing, but it is a lot better than Obsidian’s default set-up.

Absolutely - I love obsidian but everybody’s resistance to implementing this seems strange. It is what stands in the way of obsidian being adopted en masse because markdown and multiple panes instantly gives the impression of impenetrability.

8 Likes

Please see “working on” in the roadmap below.

15 Likes

Implemented in v0.13.0

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/obsidian-release-v0-13-0-insider-build/26919?u=argentum

10 Likes

Now that WYSIWYG option is available in Obsidian insider build, I am wondering what’s the difference between this and the WYSIWYG option available throughout plugins like Image in Editor and Code Mirror Options and others ?

1 Like

Hi, I am wondering will enabling the WYSIWYG option allow us to see in the editor mode any custom styling we have done to the internal links ?

For example like this css syle

.cm-hmd-internal-link[data-link-data-href*=“QUE”],
.markdown-preview-view a[href*=“QUE”] {
color: teal !important;
}

.cm-hmd-internal-link[data-link-data-href*=“QUE”]::before,
.markdown-preview-view a[href*=“QUE”]::before {
content: ":mag_right: ";
}

The natural dates plug-in stopped working. You put @today and nothing happen…

Is this for the new insider build? Please report bugs about the build in the relevant thread in the insiders-desktop folder in Discord.

However, bugs for community plugins should be reported to the plugin’s Github repository.

How do I toggle live preview on? I can’t find any option to do so? Please help.

What version of Obsidian are you running? Have you enabled Insider builds?

1 Like

@Drakemoor : Settings > Editor > scroll down to the bottom.

1 Like

Thank you, I have found it. My problem was that there is no clear way to distinguish between the two modes (Preview and Live Preview).

1 Like

Related FR: Toggles for Partial Live Preview

Hey, I was wondering whether front matter is visible or hidden in live preview ?

As of v0.13.8 (insider build), frontmatter is visible in live preview.

2 Likes

Based on this tweet, here’s a question : Is live preview supposed to replicate every aspect of the reading view ? (the boldness of the headings, the indentations of the lists…)
Is the goal an editable reading view ? Or something similar ?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.