Steps to reproduce

1. Create a table
  2. Copy the table and at least one line immediately below it
  3. Place the cursor on a line somewhere above any other table
  4. Paste the new table

Expected result

Pasted table immediately appears

Actual result

Pasted table does not appear until you use the arrow keys to move away from the table or switch to another note and back. (Clicking away from the table to another part of the same note does not work.)

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.3.3
Installer version: v1.2.8
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Sun Nov 6 23:31:16 PST 2022; root:xnu-8020.240.14~1/RELEASE_X86_64 21.6.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

It appears it may have something to do with what you’ve selected to copy. It doesn’t seem to be repeatable if you ONLY select and copy the lines containing the table, but if you select and copy any lines just below the table along with it, then this behavior consistently occurs.

I am not sure I understand here. Post a screen recording in the sandbox vault.

Never mind. Just updated to 1.3.4 and it doesn’t seem to occur in that version. Whatever was causing it must have just been fixed (or it was unique to 1.3.3—though I don’t know that for sure since I don’t often use tables).

EDIT: I can still provide a recording from a computer running 1.3.3 if it would be useful, though.

Update: I still see the behavior (along with the additional complication of having trouble moving the cursor past tables) in the latest iOS insider build.

Screen recording of both phenomena here: Table copy/paste and cursor glitches in Obsidian for iOS 1.4.5 build 104 - GIF on Imgur

I haven’t been able to reproduce this.

On mobile?