Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: light
    Community theme: Things v2.1.5
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on
1 Like

The installer is old and out-of-date, so possibly that …

https://forum.obsidian.md/t/obsidian-release-v1-1-9/50426

I have the latest installer and I can reproduce it when zooming in.

With the \bar the line stays visible. Strange that it disappears for \overline

But on 100% they both look good:

Recently there was also a bug report with lines disappearing when using brackets when zoomed in: Obsidian improperly renders large brackets in LaTeX math mode

Hopefully the devs can take a look if Mathjax is correctly implemented for Obsidian when zooming in or that it is a bug on the Mathjax side.

First, for the bug report, can you please test with default theme?

I get this same problem with single-pixel lines in other apps. For stuff like this, it might be useful to investigate your monitor/display settings too. There may be sub-pixel, anti-aliasing settings that can help.

This is not a definitive answer. Just a guess. But I think depending on your resolution and anti-aliasing settings, and font, this might be unavoidable and outside the control of any app. I’m not sure this is an Obsidian issue.

(Although since you can take a screenshot of it, I’m not sure exactly what that means. I guess that means it isn’t your monitor. But it could still be anti-aliasing settings.)

I can’t reproduce this in MacOS on a Retina screen. And I tried to find the font smoothing options, and they no longer seem exposed in the settings. So I suspect MacOS is dealing with this issue with sub-pixel anti-aliasing.

I think you are right that this has to do with the resolution or anti-aliasing.

I tried the default theme without snippets active, same result on my pc, lines disappear at certain zoom levels. But on my phone these lines keep showing no matter the zoom level.

1 Like

I really appreciate your answer! It works :laughing:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.