A command palette/keyboard shortcut to increase/decrease font size

Use case or problem

Depending on my view, I frequently want to change the font size, but the existing solution (ctrl+=) zooms the entire interface. There is no solution to bind a keyboard shortcut to zoom the font, but a slider in the settings exists, so it is possible.

Proposed solution

Simply add the keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys Increase font size, and Decrease font size.

I love Obsidian, the best markdown/text editor ever! :grin:

6 Likes

(I know you can use the mouse wheel, but I want to be able to use the keyboard too).

1 Like

No response? Weirdā€¦ I think this is important. I like my overall system zoom; sometimes I just need the text Iā€™m reading to change size. Iā€™m not trying to zoom everything.

For the record, using Ctrl + Scroll Up/Down will do the behavior you (and I) are looking for, but itā€™s really sensitive and Iā€™d prefer a keyboard shortcut so that I could ā€œstepā€ the zoom level, the same as you do with System Zoom.

I am shocked that this does not have more votes. Itā€™s infuriating that I can only use the keyboard to change the zoom level and there isnā€™t even an option to add a shortcut to change the font size. This really feels like an oversight on by the Obsidian team, so itā€™s disappointing that thereā€™s no reply here.

I change the font size multiple times per day, as I sometimes need text to be a bit bigger if someone else needs to read along. It would probably become one of my most used keyboard shortcuts.

2 Likes

itā€™s weird, changing font size is like most basic font editor feature

I have a similar problem as described here:

that I accidentally change the font size with two fingers on the touchpad.

So I would need a keyboard shortcut for the ā€˜restore defaultā€™ button that appears next to the font size slider only when font size has been changed.

This is located under Settings/Appearance/Font/Font size.