A case for MOCs

Sorry for the late reply; I got a bit frustrated trying to figure out how to implement a Zettlekastan system and take notes in Obsidian so walked away for quite sometime. Alas, chronic frustration trying to capture my notes have led me back to Obsidian.
I’ve watched so many of Nick Milo’s videos in YouTube and it’s just not clicking. I don’t have the 1000-3000 to spend on his workshop so I’m sort-of going back to the beginning;

• watching and reading Luhmen’s system
  • reading Smart Notes
  • just diving into taking notes and hope something will click.
2 Likes

In case someone needs an automatically generated hubnote/MOC/TOC, we can use dataview table or list. I know, it doesn’t really show the “links”, but if the dataview block is placed inside an Admonition (ad-note etc), all the listed files are shown as links in graph view :smiley:

It doesn’t really show anywhere else (backlinks or outgoing links).

I had seen a post somewhere about a button which copies a query into the text. Can be a quick fix too :slight_smile:

Since all my posts are aligned in cascading tags (#note/knowledge/exam1/paper1/subject), dataview tables is a lot easier. Plus the manual linking is in place wherever necessary.